7/14/08

Prayer Works!


Greetings! I hope you'll forgive the break in cartoons so that I can share a thrilling experience with you. Sherill and I went to Raleigh, NC this weekend and saw Robert Plant and Alison Krauss in concert. This picture is proof that prayer works! For years I've prayed for Robert Plant to become a Christian. Whether or not he has, the concert was encouraging because they sang at least 4 songs that were overtly Christian and had the gospel message in them. This one is Alison singing "Down to the River to Pray" and Robert and two other fellows in the band adding harmony. It was angelic and gave us all goose bumps. Robert took a few minutes in the concert and emotionally shared how singing with Alison and T Bone Burnett had opened him up to a whole new realm of music that he didn't know existed and he came close to getting choked up. (I did get choked up) To end the concert, they sang the last song off of their excellent new album "Raising Sand". "Your Long Journey" is a spiritual song about a couple who are embracing one another as one of them is about to pass into the afterlife. Before they sang it, Alison sweetly whispered into Robert's ear to share something. Robert then said, "Alison wanted me to tell you this song is dedicated to God!" The crowd went nuts!

10 comments:

Burke Sisco said...

That's good stuff, Anthony. I'm going to go listen to "Raising Sand" now and say a little prayer...

Anonymous said...

That's a great story, thanks for sharing it! I do visit your blog site.

Mike Miller

Anonymous said...

I came so close to skipping a best friend's wedding to go see Plant/Krauss in Raleigh!!!! I hope it was as wonderful as I have dreamed.... and AMEN on the prayers. All it takes is for a song to stick in his head and for the lyrics to penetrate his heart...

Keely

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful testimony to the power of prayer and not fainting in the discipline of prayer when immediate results don't happen. Thank you for sharing that with us! We are all enjoying reading your comic strip!

Miranda

Anonymous said...

Very encouraging and interesting to my family. Wish I had been there!

Wayne

Anonymous said...

Great news about Plant. I am glad you all had a chance to be there!

The DVD on mind-blowing God stuff was great. Thanks. I brought it back yesterday but didn’t see you- I guess you were still in “Plant-ville”

Becky

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sound like his soul is a "freebird!!!"


LOL (Everyday, all the time!!!!)

Lilly

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys got to see them. I’ve seen Allison w/Union Station,,but not with Plant-- how is Plants voice holding up these days? Hopefully there will be one more Pink Floyd and Zep tour befor I die—god bless---george

Anonymous said...

I saw this same show in Birmingham Al just a few months ago! It was SICK!!!

Jason

Denise said...

What an inspiring story! I must go and find the video on you tube or something! I bet it was an amazing concert.